2 Speed Pump Strategy

As long as your skimmers work well at low speed, there is no need to use high speed except in special situations (vacuuming, backwashing, cleaning up algae, etc). Also, you can probably have 12 hours a day or low, or less, and still be totally fine (though the only way to be sure is to try it).

I just put an A.O. Smith 2-speed 1.0 hp (full-rated) in my WhisperFlo on a 28k gal. pool. I've been playing with the run times for three weeks now. Currently running just low for 12 hours in two blocks. It's keeping up fine despite heavy spring pollen/tree crud and lots of rain. I expect to cut it back even more later in the season. I have a DE filter and my clarity test is the beam from my pool light. If I can barely see the beam, all is good. Once the beam is well-defined and I can see the particles, then it's time to up the run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.