Cannot get a reading on my chlorine

May 22, 2012
South Carolina
I cannot get a reading on my chlorine , ph alk are in range for 16,500 gal inground vinyl . I know cya level is probably out the roof but my little tester only measures the 3 , I hear drain your pool cpl inches below skimmer for high cya levels ,any thoughts or sugg greatly appreciated.

JohnT said:
The obvious question is "is there chlorine in the pool?"
yes I have auto feeder that I put 3 - 3'' tri clor chlorine tabs in weekly or about evry 10 days, shock weekly live in S.C pool is crystal clear pump is a jandy stealth 1.5 hp, can u tell me where to get a meter that test all things ... fc, tc, ch, cya etc . Tried to put info on profile ???? puter illiterate plz bear wit me .

You can order one of the recommended test kits online. See link in my sig for the fav TF100 test kit from duraleigh.

In the interim, take a water sample to the pool store and have it tested. Ask them to test for these and give you a printout:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Post the info back in this thread and we'll help.

You need to stop using the tabs and switch to an unstabilized chlorine, like bleach/liquid chlorine.

Welcome to the forum neighbor :wave:

Here tis : F C : 0.3 T.C 0.6 C.C 0.2 don't get that with all the chlorine tabs an shock that goes in an still no reading. Ph-7.2 Hardness- 50ppm Alk- 102ppm an the kicker Cya 150+ awright now my question is if I don't use tri chlor or tabs an u recommend bleach how much bleach an how often do I use for a 16500 gal fiberglass pool. TY

First step is to lower the CYA. In order to do this, you need to do a water drain/refill dance to replace water. If you don't know how to to this s a f e l y , post back and someone will help you.

You need a good test kit ASAP. I suggest the TF100, link in my sig.

Chlorine pucks... outta here

Merged threads. Best to keep info all in one thread to help folks with the history. :wink: Butterfly

ok...so I test my H2O , cya levels off the chart at 150+ so I am in yhe process of draining over a 3rd of it . I'm gonna try doin away with the pucks and use household bleach . fc-0.3 tc- 0.6 cc 0.2 ph 7.2 water clear 16,500 gal fiber pool. Can anyone tell me a starting point as how much bleach to dump in my pool so I don't become a blonde ...nothin against them . I know someone is good in math an can give me a clue so thanks in advance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Chlorine pucks... outta here

And it is going to take 3 or 4 30% water replacements to get you where you need to be for CYA.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.