converting bacquacil to chlorine

May 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I decided to switch from bacquacil to chlorine when opening my pool this spring. I assumed after 8 months the bacquacil was gone from pool....WRONG!! Now I'm pouring shock in by the gallon and the chlorine is still not registering on test strips, the pool is green and the pump needs to be backwashed every two hours as the pressure rises very quickly. This wouldnt be a problem if I didnt have to go to work all day. Is this nightmare normal? how long before pool is clear. Any suggestions?

Yes, it's normal, and no, it's not gone.

A conversion takes some work. If you search you can see the efforts of others that have done the same as you. Hang in there and keep that chlorine handy, and be ready to backwash regularly. If you don't have a good test kit... get one pronto. There are a couple of good ones mentioned in the pool school section of this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.