Brown water - Sequestrant question.

kmgt32

May 14, 2012
We have well water. We're having a problem with our water turning brown every time we shock. We have yet to get our pool clear since it's been open 2.5 weeks ago. It's a cycle. We need to shock to get the water clear, but everytime we shock, our green/getting clear water turns brown. So we need to add metal out, or the one one I had on hand was Sequa-Sol by GLB.

So how do I end this cycle?

How much sequestrant should I be adding. Maybe I'm not adding enough to get all the metal out. How long should I wait until I shock after adding the Metal Out etc.?

I don't have any test results right now. I haven't taken any because the water's not clear and I know things are off. Would it help to know the other readings when trying to figure out this problem? I have a Taylor kit.

I overfill, shock, floc, vac to waste, backwash. I haven't had staining issues doing this but I don't speak for everyone in all situations. I believe this method actually gets rid of iron as opposed to "sequestering" it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.