Help my daughter has a rash!

You need a better way to test your pool. Which strips? (although they are all pretty much useless). Some will measure FC and TC. Although for all you know you have 0 Free Chlorine and 3ppm of Combined Chlorine (which is the bad kind :)).

Getting one of the recommended test kits (see my sig. for a link) will be one of the best investments you can make for your pool ... especially if it prevents the rashes which take away the enjoyment.

Yep, most strips show TC so you could actually have zero FC and 3 ppm CC but more likely it's a combination of the two.

You need good test results so we can help you figure out what's going on. For a pool your size I recommend you get a good test kit. If you already have a pH test you can get the TF-50 from tftestkits. Even then I recommend the TF-100. The K-2006 can be had from the same place if you'd rather.

JB and I are saying the ssame thing but he beat me to it! I'm posting anyway! :)

Received my TF-100 on Saturday. Results were very similar to the strips. Good news is the rash cleared up before I even received the TF-100 and it hasn't returned. (it may not have been the pool).

I am very pleased with the test kit, glad I had a reason to purchase it. I do have one question- When I do the CYA drop test what sort of light should I be in? Outside in full sun, in the shade or indoors?

Best is full sun, with your back to the sun. Hold at about tummy level and pour till the dot is completely obscured. You can do the CYA test multiple times with the same solution (it'll stay cloudy and fairly accurate for a long while, unlike the other tests) and then use your best number from all the pours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.