CSI question

Miscanthus

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2009
I am confused about the CFI numbers on the pool calculator.

My pool: 20,000 gal. Intellichlor Salt Generator Plaster surface (new plaster 3 weeks old)
FC 5
pH 7.5
TA 120
CH 340
CYA 70
Salt 3400

The CSI number on the left is -0.28 and reads "balanced"
The CSI number on the right is -0.32 and reads "potential for corrosion"

Why is there two numbers?
Thanks

The number on the left is a calculation that corresponds to the now column (left most) measurements you put in for the test parameters (pH, TA, CH, CYA, Temp, Salt level, Borate level). The number on the right is a calculation that corresponds to the Target column (right most) of where you are adjusting those parameters to.

There are two columns, "Now" and "Goal". The number on the left shows the CSI for the "Now" column, while the number on the right shows the CSI for the values in the Goal column.

With plaster only three weeks old, you shouldn't be worrying about CSI just yet. The TA and CH levels will continue going up as the plaster cures. If you adjust them now they will probably end up being too high in a couple of weeks.

linen said:
The number on the left is a calculation that corresponds to the now column (left most) measurements you put in for the test parameters (pH, TA, CH, CYA, Temp, Salt level, Borate level). The number on the right is a calculation that corresponds to the Target column (right most) of where you are adjusting those parameters to.

If I adjust to the number on the right then the reading "potential to become corrosive". How do I know what number to adjust to?
Thanks for the response.

JasonLion said:
There are two columns, "Now" and "Goal". The number on the left shows the CSI for the "Now" column, while the number on the right shows the CSI for the values in the Goal column.

With plaster only three weeks old, you shouldn't be worrying about CSI just yet. The TA and CH levels will continue going up as the plaster cures. If you adjust them now they will probably end up being too high in a couple of weeks.

At what point should I start adjusting for CSI? How old should the plaster be?

Thanks Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.