Miscellaneous testing questions

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
I just bought the TF100 and so far so good ... i am working on my pool in another thread

just some generic questions

1 - is the only ph test the simple daily one?

2 - is there a best time to test?

3 - is there a best time to add chemicals? .... how long until i retest?

4 - the instructions say to do the simple test daily and the complete one weekly??... i assume that is after getting things going properly?

5- for the calculator i assume i should use the troublefree pool goals .... are there any other variables aside from my pool size i need to change?

1) Yes.
2) It varies. It is good to test FC in the evening. But CYA tests are best done on sunny days. Neither are critical.
3) Yes, and no. Adding chlorine in the evenings has advantages but is not crucial.
4) Yes.
5) Pool size is the important one. Some people like to setup their pool type, but that only affects the displayed ranges.

duraleigh said:
Keep your posts under one thread whenever possible....you'll get much better results and often, quicker replies.

will do

delete this post if you want .... although it seems this place is so active the posts all just fade into oblivion

i have to say i am very impressed with how quickly my questions are answered :goodjob:

one last question before you delete this ... :roll:

i see the responses come from many different people .... should i assume most replies are good?? ... at least from mods??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.