test kit

Kjohnson said:
Thanks- The tf-100 looks too complicated-is the t2006 really better then the strips.

The TF-100 and K2006 are mostly the same.

The tests in those kits are far more accurate and have far better range than the test strips. The TF-100 can test chlorine to 50ppm accurately.

The K-2006 is night and day better than the strips.

Don't let the looks of the TF-100 fool you. It's all the same tests that are in the K-2006 (except acid and base demand), there's just more of what you use the most and it's in a different looking case. Even the instructions are the same.

If you decide on the K-2006 that's a fine kit and you'll be a lot better off having a good kit.

I believe a bright 4th grader could test water accurately using either the K-2006 or the TF100. As stated above, same tests, same reagents, same instructions.

Can you count? Can you multiply? Can you tell red from purple from blue from green? You can do this.

The worst test for colors is pH, as it is more shades than actual color changing. And if one holds it at arm's length with a white background, it's not all that difficult to see the differences and decide is it 7.5, or is it pinker, and if so, is it closer to 7.5 or 7.8?

The payoff for a good test kit is sparkling balanced water. The ability to toss a coin in the pool and tell from the deck whether it's heads or tails. Or stepping out on a calm morning when the water is totally still and having the pool look empty. It can cause a bit of a shock at first glance, I'll tell you from experience! Last year my wife's best friend brought her daughters over to swim. They have a pool at their apartment. One of the girls said she likes swimming in our pool better because it's clearer - innocent honesty!

Also - make sure to check out this thread. Jason does an awesome job breaking down each test and his notes will answer most if not all questions you will have when you start doing the tests. I copied his posts and saved them on my iPad. At the very least print them out so you have them by your side when you are running the tests.

Yes, the T100 is easy to understand. Do the tests once or twice and you've got it all figured out. If you buy the T100 kit, the directions come on the lid so you always have them at a quick glance... great for the tests you do less frequently. No manual to pull out, nothing to remember.

Use a good test kit and the pool calculator together and there's really no guess work. Pretty straight forward.

I would agree with Richard that the ph test is sometimes a little difficult to judge. There is a direction sheet in the top lid of that test as well that is not secured to the lid. I turn it around and the back side is white... great backdrop for reading the ph test. The sheet seems to be coated with something too, so it doesn't get moldy and gross over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.