Installing a fountain in a Intex Ultra Frame

May 20, 2012
Hi everybody, I've just joined TFP after getting my first Intex 24' Ultra-Frame pool. I'd like to thank everybody for all the great info on the board that helped me get started.

Now, to the problem: I'm trying to fit a fountain to the pool to try and cool the water down that's gotten "a little bit" warm with the +110F heat here in Dubai. The problem is that I can't find a way to attach the fountains fittings to the non-standard Intex fittings. I have attached a picture of the return outlet assembly and the adaptor I'm supposed to use with fountain. It seems to me that I need to remove the gray grille from the assembly, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0637 (1).jpg
    IMG_0637 (1).jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_0638 (1).jpg
    IMG_0638 (1).jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_0639 (1).jpg
    IMG_0639 (1).jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 702
I think the gray grill will have to go. Since it is not in the pool yet, you can saw it off with a hacksaw or a regular hand saw. You could also use a hole saw to cut a big hole in the middle. If memory serves me correctly you can get a decent fit with a 1-1/4" slip coupling with a little trimming.

Another option is to buy one of these http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/11238.html. It is the hose adaptor that comes with the deluxe skimmer. A 1-1/4" slip coupling is a very nice fit onto it without any trimming and you won't even have to cut off the grill. I've been thinking about getting one to use for a diy PVC fountain.

What size is the coupling in that picture?

Another option is to buy one of these http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/11238.html.

Interesting idea. I'm wondering if it really fits over the grille, which is 3". I can't find the information on the internet on how big it is on the larger side.

What size is the coupling in that picture?

It's 2", but the real issue is reducing the size of the return outlet anyway. If the vacuum hose adapter works, it's just a matter of using a different coupling.

I'll check my local Intex supplier for the adapter. If I manage to get one and if it fits, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.