Wetedge Pictures?

jtm60

Mar 9, 2008
friendswood, tx
Anyone here have some pictures of their pools done with Wetedge? We are getting the WE Pearl Matrix, but we are already struggling with colors...the pics on their website don't fully capture it. we have seen the coasa tropical in person, and that's one that we will consider, along with northshore tahoe..but it seems like the pictures that are posted here turn out better than anything else.

actually i have some pretty good photos i took of a nearby pool that is wetedge satin 'costa tropical'..i can post later, but i was curious about some of the other selections.

the satin is definitely finer/smoother than some other pools i felt that had pebbletech, although i thought the pebbletech was just fine, just a little different product.

C'mon, nobody with any wetedge pics besides me??

Attached are pics of 'costa tropical', wetedge satin finish..its growing on me..cool how it changes color from shallow to deeper water..i will say that this finish felt more like the texture of a football than say exposed aggregate concrete/peagravel..textured yes, rough on the feet, i don't think so..

I guess WetEdge isn't that popular around here yet. That's a nice looking color, but we're looking for something closer to the Aqua Blue version of PebbleSheen. I think the closest are the Cozul Azul or the Caribbean in the Satin.

we have a neighbor getting the northshore carribbean installed this week, and should have water in it by next week, might be able to get a couple photos of that as well.

the previous pics i posted, i should mention that it was rather late in the afternoon, and it was a bit overcast...i think the color might change considerably in bright sunlight, but its definitely different than what you are after color-wise.

Day of dig is next Monday and we still are very much undecided on the color of our wetedge satin matrix finish!! :shock: We like the darker type of blue (not black) so I hear Northshore Tahoe? Any more wetedge pictures out there??
Also, what kind of coping do people usually match to a darker blue finish. We're thinking Oklahaoma flag or buckskin. Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone else have WetEdge already installed? I am looking for more pictures of the Chilean Beach Caribbean, the Mediterranean (no pic at all of this one on the WE site) and Midnight Ocean. I want a deep blue color but hubby is afraid this will make the pool really hot and possibly cause algae growth, etc. (We are in Austin TX). Anyone have experience with a dark finish? We currently have white plaster and are resurfacing next week so need to make a decision soon. Thanks!

Not sure if this would help but we like the color of our pool. It looks like blue water in the Caribbean :goodjob: Look at the pics in the signature :cheers:

Thanks for your pics, BrentR. Your color is lovely. . . I am happy to say that we finally contacted WetEdge and they were very helpful, emailed us more pics of each of the colors we were interested in. I think it's coming down to Mediterranean or Chilean Beach Caribbean. For anyone else that is interested, the Mediterranean Pearl Matrix is the same color as Antigua Satin Matrix (so said the WetEdge rep we spoke with). She said that the deep Midnight Ocean would probably be up to 5 degrees warmer. . . something we don't need in Texas!

We are a pool builder in Florida and we use Wetedge on 90% of the pools we build. I think the product is far superior to pebbletec because of the application. You can check out our website under the gallery and see several pictures of finished pools with Wetedge Pearl Matrix Caribbean Blue.
Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you Titanpoolman! I checked out your gallery and the pools look great! It's really good to be reassured about Wetedge by someone in the business. We have decided on the Mediterranean color. I'll attempt to post some pics of before and after when it's done -- hopefully by early March. We've had some freezing temps here so they have put off resurfacing for a couple of weeks. By then we'll be anxious for it to be completed -- we can usually swim in March with our solar heat on.

PoolguyNJ

I have seen many different products being applied, most pebble's are mixed and troweled on using traditional techniques. Wetedge is sprayed on similar to gunite so that you get a much tighter pack on the pebbles and no lamination or bond problems that you can get from traditional applications. No i know that has a lot to do with the installer. Once the finished is applied it is steel troweled and the slurry is washed several times to give a nice tightly packed pebble and uniform exposure of the pebbles. I have seen pebbletec and Wetedge side by side and i feel there is no comparison. Maybe it is just the installers in my area but this is my experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.