Pool test numbers - Need some advise

The water is crystal clear ... has not been so clear in a while. I brushed it and cleaned the filter last yesterday afternoon. Since then, the pressure has not risen on the filter gauge.
I guess I am going to keep going with the bleach, I have plenty. My only problem is the reagents, I need to order more.
Here are some pictures I just took.

Is it safe for my kids to swim with FC in the 20's?

Thanks, J

Attachments

• IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 18
So this is becoming not fun anymore.

- water is as clear as it can be. I could probably read the writing on a Penny if there was one in the deep end.
- Not loosing any FC overnight

But my CCs on the other hand are hovering at 1.0. They go from .5 all the way to 1.5 now.

I have been treating the pool with 6% Wal-Mart brand bleach, and during the day I turn on my SWG to help a little bit.

Only thing I can think off is that my CYA is not where I thought it was. I thought it was somewhere around 20-25, but been getting my FC all the way to 16-20 and letting it drop to 12 (no less).

Is it bad to overchlorinate? Chemicallywise (word?), not pool equipmentwise.

I think I will just let this thing go as I am running out of reagents, add CYA aiming to get it somewhere between 30-50 and start over again next weekend when the new reagents get here.

Any input is appreciated.

J

Why not let the FC drift down to your shock value which is really about 10ppm (since you apparently have less than 20ppm CYA) and go swimming?

Keep you chlorine elevated up around 5-10ppm until you get your enthusiasm back and your reagents delivered. Then you can focus on getting the last little bit done. Meanwhile, enjoy the pool and the weekend once your FC gets down to 10ppm.

When you are ready to finish the job, you will need some CYA in your pool as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.