Ken's Simpel Pool App

May 13, 2012
Tonight I measured my TC at 10.5 and CC at 0.5. This puts my FAC at 10. Simple Pool has my range at 4 - 8 and said I was within range. Just for kicks, I input measurements of 20, 30, 40 and so on, all the way to Simple Pool's max of 80 and the advice section still said I was within range. Huh???

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I use simple pool, and it always says your FC is in range if it is above the minimum specified level (does not check max, perhaps because it just assumes one is shocking). I don't find this much of an issue, and nearly all the other chem checks seem to work fine.

use simple pool, and it always says your FC is in range if it is above the minimum specified level

Currently, SimplePool does not provide any specific advice when you measure chlorine levels above the calculated max/target level.
I have just modified the program to state:
"Your current FC level is too high. do not add additional chlorine. Your FC level will fall over time."

This update will be rolled into the next release.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Ken-

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.