Plaster blisters after drain/refilll?

jhever

Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, TX
So Friday night, I drained about 75% of my pool due to high CYA levels. After it filled up (took about 17 hours to fill back up) I noticed a few blisters in the plaster which broke open when I touched them. I noticed it on my top step and a few additional ones on the bottom of the pool. Did this happen because I drained the pool? Are those spots problems other than cosmetic?

Thanks!

I don't have all the numbers handy but they were all in good range except my CYA was at 160. Its now at 50. I have owned the house for two years and don't have any past info on the pool. The plaster looked fine before I drained the water over the weekend. I am running the full set of TF100 tests tonight but water looks great after the refill and I just ran the CYA test after the refill to make sure the drain worked.

Thanks!

Ran my first test after refill (only added bleach)

PH- 7.5
FC- 16
CC- 0.5
TA- 120
CH- 350
CYA- 55

Levels look ok?

I will see if I can post some pics of the plaster blisters. Can't seem to post photos from my iPhone so I need to send them to my computer.

Thanks everyone!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.