algae out of the pool

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
i have a swampy mess, and i'm working through it (12% bleach, brush and eventually vacuum once the water clears up more) - pool store recommended mustard algaecide, based on my simple response "yes" to the question "is your pool green?" I didn't buy it, since I've never added algaecide after opening and just relied on bleach.
but, my question is about all the algae that i'm getting out of the pool. I'm running my pool robot, just to try to get some extra help removing the algae, but I'm curious about algae that ends up on my pool deck (stamped cement) and the algae that I wash off the vacuum into the grass.. do I need to be concerned with that stuff, or will it just die off once it's dried?

thanks,
patty

There is algae everywhere, constantly entering your pool. When you get what's already in there killed and maintain sufficient chlorine, it won't be able to get started in the pool again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.