Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
Hi Forum,

Every year i seem to burn out one or two of these ..... are their drop in replacement LED bulbs for these very common, Halogen 12V, two screw lamps. I think my pool store charges ~$30 for one standard halogen PAR56????

I see a lot of those electronic multi-color LED PAR56 bulbs but what about just white light and cheap.

KC

kc said:
Hi Forum,

Every year i seem to burn out one or two of these ..... are their drop in replacement LED bulbs for these very common, Halogen 12V, two screw lamps. I think my pool store charges ~$30 for one standard halogen PAR56????

I see a lot of those electronic multi-color LED PAR56 bulbs but what about just white light and cheap.

KC

Hello, My name is Allan LEE.
actually, there are many PAR56 Pool Light in the market, which can be instead of tranditional(halogen kind), and they can be multi-color, or single color(red, blue, green, white.ect).

about the price, it depends what watt, and what color do you need, there are 18W(252 pcs LED),22W(315 LED),24W(351LED),36W(510LED),39W(546LED), and there are some with high power led, 12 pcs 1W LED(12x1W=36W), and 18x3W,ect.

and here is the calculation, 1W LED=3W CFL=15W halogen, so you know what watt you need to buy to replace your halogen 300W PAR56.

I am not an LeD expert but in my readings CREE is a company that makes the LEDs for lamps like these. Manufacturers make the bulb forms and use the CREE elements. I have read several times that CREE elements are worth paying extra for, regardless of the name on the bulb. I assume the companies that use these elements advertise they are using CREE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.