First timer with a question about pool inspections

May 17, 2012
Central Georgia
As I mentioned in my introduction post, I'm purchasing a new home, this one with a 18x36 inground pool. It is opened already and just from my visual observation, everyting seems to be running OK. I mean the pump works, water is swirling, the skimmer is picking up trash, and the light works. The only discrepancy I can see is the pressure gage on the Hayward sand filiter (S-244T) is discolored to the point that it's unreadable. I see that it only costs around $10 to replace.

My questions is this: Should I spend $150 to have a pool company come out and inspect it, or should I just go with the premise that it is working OK, and use that money for supplies?

My gut tells me that the pool is fine, and if the house is any indication of the owners pride, then the pool should be too. Or, will the inspection reveal things like a leak in the liner or something not nearly as obvious to the untrained? I've got a couple of days to decide and get it done.

What say ye?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.