Pump Replacement - Help

Apr 26, 2010
So my pump died yesterday and I am having a hard time figuring out what to replace it with. I am running a Hayward S200 filer and need something that is compatible to that. The pool store is trying to sell me a 1 HP Hayward SuperPump. The pump I had was so old and the casing so corroded they think it was 3/4 HP. I need to know what I can replace it with. Possibly a the 1HP superpump is best or should I opt for a Hayward SuperPump II or Tristar.

Welcome to TFP.

Tell us more about your pool and equipment. Without knowing more it's impossible to figure which is the best pump.

Most likely a 2-speed 3/4 or 1 hp is what you need, but without more info it's hard to be sure.

I inherited this pool so I am not 100% on all of it. My pool is an 18X36 with 3ft shallow and 8ft deep. I am guessing around 27000 gallons. I have a Hayward S200 and what I believe to be a Hayward superpump. They are around 15-20 years old. The pump died yesterday so i have never really had to really mess with it other than chemicals and change the sand. The pool was built in the backyard on a slope and for some odd reason the pool pump was built up the hill against the house (I assume for power reasons) around 25 yards away. Due to incline there is a 8-10 difference in height from pool to pump. What else do you need to know about the equipment

Do you know what the filter pressure ran with the old pump.
What size piping is on the suction and returns?
How many skimmers and returns do you have?

I think the 1 hp Superpump would be fine, but I don't know what the suction lift for that pump is and it's not listed on the website. Maybe Mark (mas985) will chime in and have more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.