algee wont go away

Mar 21, 2012
hey guys i have a weekly pool that i do for a customer and every week for the past 3 weeks the algee is growing on the walls and the water has greenish tint. the water test is perfect every week its a salt water pool salt is around 3400 ppm . i have several pools that i service one a week and this is the only one with a problem i am starting to think it may be the actual filter since its the only pool with a cartridge filter all others are de. i have the filter set to run for about 16 hours a day. any sugestions

the water test is perfect every week
We see this posted frequwently but the water has inadequate chlorine...whether the test shows "perfect" or not. You will have to find something that will test for chlorine, CYA, pH and TA, CH that is accurate to really get it fixed properly, but it is easy to tell you the chlorine is not correct.....algae cannot grow in a properly chlorinated pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.