New 16' Intex AGP Family in CA

linen said:
If your pool is clear just head for the recommended levels. Post your test numbers and we can give some pointers.

That leg is odd, any idea what is keeping it out? I does not look too worrisome.

pool is clear so far so I am going to take your advice and start heading for the recommended levels. I will post up some test results tomorrow after I test again. I added some more triclor per the calculator. So we'll see where I am tomorrow and I can get your guys input on what to do next.

As far as that leg. There really isnt anything holding it out. It is resting on the stone and the weight of the pool seems to be holding it in place on the stone. After looking I can see that this stone is set a little further out than the others so as things filled up and settled this one leg didnt move it appears, if it had it maybe have come off the front of the stone actually. Should I consider jacking this spot up and moving the stone forward just a tad to move the leg in?

linen said:
If your pool is clear just head for the recommended levels. Post your test numbers and we can give some pointers.

That leg is odd, any idea what is keeping it out? I does not look too worrisome.
I have a few legs like that too. Its probably from pulling them out when setting the pool up and thats how they settled. I did it intentionally because last year a had a few legs that leaned into the pool. I was worried it would damage the liner.

okay, I got some test results.... boy that TF-100 kit is nice! Doesnt mean I'm using it correctly just yet but it is nice just the same.

Here's what I got this after noon when I tested.
using the taylor basic I got chlorine = 1.0 and PH = 7.3 (now that chlorine measurement is just total chlorine right?

Using the rest of the TF-100 kit i get:
FC = 2ppm
CC = 0 (the solution would not turn back to red, it wanted to but just wouldnt)
TC = 2
TA = 80
CYA = 0

So, knowing the CYA was low from the start I took abouit a 1/4 cup of stabilizer in a sock and hung it in the skimmer basket yesterday afternoon. So this should take a few days to register right? I figure it must be working because I had some measurable chlorine today.

And what happened to the pool calculator!!! I wasnt sure what to add without it. I know my TA is low and thought about adding some baking soda to bring it up.... PH isnt too bad. I am waiting to see what CYA does. So to play it safe I only added a few cups of bleach tonight in hopes of keeping the sparkling clean water I have going. Cause I wanna go swimming tomorrow!!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

The Pool Calc seems to be working again now. It went down sometime yesterday.

1/4th cup of CYA won't add enough to even register on the test. You need right at 2 lbs in a 5,000 gallon pool.
Your TA is fine. Perfect in fact.
Your pH is fine.
Keeping the FC at about 3 ppm each day is fine until you get some CYA in there.

Now go swimming! :party:

I ended up using the 1" pink (extruded polystyrene); a home depot somewhat local to me had some.

It really does make a huge difference under the pool. I grew up with above ground pools at parents house. We thought we were doing pretty good with the level bed of sand.... not compared to the foam! Its so nice on your feet and eliminating that much more that could poke holes in the line is a huge plus.

I am glad I went with the 1" foam, I can actually feel it acting as a cushion when you step. I dont see why 1/2" wouldnt do the same thing. I have no idea how much the pool squishes the foam but you can still feel it under there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.