Painting a ladder?

redintex

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2012
Central Texas
I have been reading everything I can here for a while, and am ready to get on track. Here is what I have:

Intex 15'x48" AG
Intex 637R Filter Pump(for now - plan to get a sand filter by end of season)
Intex SWG CS8110

I amd a second season pool owner who left the pool neglected over the winter without closing it, chlorine, pumping, etc. Mild winter in Central Texas - water looked terrible, so I drained it. It is now dry, with some dried sediment here and there on the bottom. If I had read everything before, I would have known to close the pool, left the water in it and done things quite differently. It is empty now, and I want to start getting water in it ASAP to protect the pool, as well as get it on track.

I left the ladder in the pool, which now has some light surface rust(integrity of ladder is fine as far as I can see/feel). I want to paint it to protect the metal for the future before adding water. I assume getting a can of spray paint, rust-inhibiting or waterproof with a cardboard shield behind to catch overspray, would be the way to go. Seeing as where assumptions can get you(me), I would like to ask the experts.

I will certainly have many more questions, but this is the first one, so I can get water in the pool!

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.