Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jtm60's intro/upcoming build

1. Back To Top    #1

jtm60's intro/upcoming build

Hi to TFP members..great site, really glad i found it. topics on here definitely helped me narrow down my PB's and also got me some additional features that I think will save me money in the long run. So THANKS!

Anyway, we are currently waiting on permits for our pool. I will post pics as we get further along..I always like to see what other people are doing, so hope you all feel the same.

Here's our basic info:

40x24 (inside dim. not including spa)free form, gunite shell, flagstone coping. bottom finish will be wetedge satin. depth 3.5-8'. pool area is 757 sq. ft with 115' perimeter.
    approx. 50' spa (12" raised) with tiered seating and stepped spillover back to pool.

39' raised beam/moss rock weeping wall (4 weeps).

main pool decking to be exposed/peagravel with extended sidewalk around to front of my garage.

additional flagstone decking (capping of existing concrete patio, + additional concrete and flagstone capped extension to meet pool deck).

raised beam will be extended at one end to incorporate an additional raised patio area with 3' firepit (peagravel inner/flagstone edge). chipped edge flagstone on firepit, spa, and edge of patio.

4" conduit and deck drains to street, downspouts to be tied in.
    72 sq.ft DE filter (Hayward DE7220), 2 hp 2 spd. hayward northstar
    polaris 280
    booster pump for weeping wall to allow weeps to work when spa is running
    400k btu spa (Hayward H400)
    500W Hayward Colorlogic lite
    Hayward Goldline controls
    2.5" suction side plumbing
    in line chlorinator (Rainbow 320)
    1.5hp blower for spa

just got off phone, hoping to start dig on 4/21 if everything works out...already can't wait until this is over! dig a hole, throw money in.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hi jtm60 and welcome to TFP!

Yes, we want to follow your build and see all the pix!

Good luck
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sounds nice! welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't wait to see the progress.

Good luck.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Me too!

Post lots of pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

hey, thanks for the support...i am already wondering how many extra gray hairs we will get over this..even though i know it will be worth it in the end.

progress today! electrician was here to mark out and PB placed his sign! I guess its really official now.

J

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome aboard

Hey, don't worry about the grey hair. Just start snapping away even before they mark anything till everybody is in swimming. Whatever grey hair that my appear during the built will disappear when you see your photos of your beauty taking shape.

And don't forget to ask questions if any even before things happen. The experts here will guide you through.
    8,000 gal IG concrete & tiled lap pool, 1/2 hp pump, 24" sand filter, SWG Auto Clean, whole pool under shed, 3 X 2ft waterfall one end overflow the other end. TF100 Testkit. 80 F Water whole year round.

8. Back To Top    #8

ok, here are a quick couple of shots to show the backyard 'as is'..not the best, but a start.

9. Back To Top    #9

well...the digging has started around 8am...the way they are going, they will be done early afternoon i'd say...will try to post a pic or two later...amazing how much bigger it all looks as soon as they start digging down.

10. Back To Top    #10

well, its dug! excavators left at 3pm...i guess its official now! rebar and some plumbing tomorrow, gunite wednesday weather permitting..

11. Back To Top    #11

oh yeah, how could i forget the future lifeguard:

12. Back To Top    #12

Great start. It's amazing how quick those guys can go. Keep the pictures coming.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

13. Back To Top    #13

yes, and we lucked out with that open lot left next to our yard! minimal landscape disturbance.

git 'er dun!

14. Back To Top    #14
    ANY UPDATES?????????
    Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want.

15. Back To Top    #15
    I sent him a pm about being rude in another thread. His reply to me got him banned. It's a shame because I was enjoying following his build.

I just don't get some people. I guess I will lock this thread to avoid confusion.

FYI - I have only banned 4 people in the history of this site - each time for excessive rudeness; either to myself, mods, or other members. Thanks to the rest of you who are happy to read, post, share, and get along!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.