ph 7.0
FC 4.6
TA 103
CH 124
CYA 36 But added almost 6 lbs less than 24 hours ago
salt 3400
borate 33
csi -0.9

Do I just aerate to raise pH or add some baking soda? If so how many days of aeration as i won't be home till next Friday. I can leave on the stairs jets, glorified bubble maker.
Pool only open 1 week

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Rich

Are you having problems with ph rise? If you are, then lowering TA makes sense. You can use the "effects of adding chemicals" section near the bottom of the poolcalculator.com to see approximately how much your TA will move down when you add MA. How long just depends on how much aeration you get and it is a slower process as your TA gets lower. Have you read: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/lowering total alkalinity

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One nice thing about TA, it typically lowers itself overtime, since higher TA causes ph rise and then lowering ph with acid also lowers TA. The net effect is a slow lowering of TA unless you are constantly filling your pool (i.e. lots of evaporation, splash out, etc.) with high TA water .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.