swg voiding ag pool warranty?

jmshap

May 19, 2012
Swedesboro, NJ
Hello. I have been having issues with CYA being too high and thinking I am finally fed up with chlorine tabs. I am seriously considering converting to salt water and just got off the phone with the company I puchased my pool from to see what they carry. They told me that many above ground manufacturers are voiding their warranties if a swg system is installed. Has anybody heard this? This sounds absurd, doesn't it. Thanks in advance.

Don't listen to the pool store I that's who you called.
Call the pool store back and find out what exact model and Manu for your pool and call them directly.
I was also under the same impression and to my surprise after speaking to the Manu came to find that on my pool using a salt system does not void warrantee.
Best thing to do is call the Manu direc.

I have been in touch with the manufacturer and am waiting to hear back. I am just not sure who would even honor the warranty. It is an Artesian pool and as far as I understand they were bought out by Wilbar. I sent Wilbar a message. I hope to hear back eventually.

Thanks for the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.