Landmark's pool build

Steve, I thought it was the same but wasn't sure. Our PB tried to steer us away from it but we liked it.

The deck has been formed and now waiting for inspection. I've told the PB that we want the plumbing pressure tested again before pouring on Monday or Tuesday. There is still a lot of work left but we are beginning to see that there is an end in sight.

P7310832.jpg

P7310833.jpg

P7310834.jpg

P7310839.jpg

P7310840.jpg

This is the area that caved in between the pool and the patio. It is now solid gunite. The decking gets a little thin so I hope that isn't going to be a problem down the road.
P7310855.jpg

P7310861.jpg

Hi, Landmark...glad you're seeing some decking progress. Hey, I like that Tico Taco tile, also. Question for ya...why did CR want to steer you away from this tile, and toward what in particular? I'm going to use a glass tile that I'll order from California, and was discouraged from this in an e-mail because of 'scale buildup' and cleaning it. The other contractor has no problem using anything I want. Lots of leeway and choice. Gotta get one more opinion at least.

ANYTHING you put on the waterline is going to have to be cleaned and maintained. So...just wondering why they discourage from something YOU really want. :? The glass tile I'm determined to use is tough and doesn't have a decorative coating on it...so you can definitely clean it.

Thanks for any background on your experience here...as I have a meeting with them next week to go over their plans. Not using the materials I want will be a definite deal-breaker. Thank you in advance, Landmark.

Pisces, it wasn't a technical issue or problem with the tile. It was a design issue. Jim feels the the waterline tile souldn't standout. He also didn't like using glazed (shiny) tile. Their tile and coping selection was limited but we didn't ask about picking something outside. I won't say we settled but by that point we just wanted to get moving on the pool. We wanted to build the pool last summer before they started building the house next to us to keep from messing the yard up as much. A bad salesman experience and lack of a vision for the backyard delayed us. We are happy with the way it is turning out. Will this be the first design review meeting with CR? They must be really busy if you met with Brian on the 11th.

landmark218 said:
Pisces, it wasn't a technical issue or problem with the tile. It was a design issue. Jim feels the the waterline tile souldn't standout. He also didn't like using glazed (shiny) tile. Their tile and coping selection was limited but we didn't ask about picking something outside. I won't say we settled but by that point we just wanted to get moving on the pool. We wanted to build the pool last summer before they started building the house next to us to keep from messing the yard up as much. A bad salesman experience and lack of a vision for the backyard delayed us. We are happy with the way it is turning out. Will this be the first design review meeting with CR? They must be really busy if you met with Brian on the 11th.

Thanks for the info and insight, Landmark...it helps me know a little better how to approach this meeting more productively. I think a designer has to be flexible enough to not totally let personal preferences override the wishes of the pool buyer. And I'm all about the visual design. Soooo...we'll see...our philosophies may not match up. Yep...I'm sure they're very busy, and I've been waiting patiently...but I haven't been waiting since last summer like you guys! The other PB presentation was last Friday.

Sorry you had to be so delayed on your pool. I think CR puts out really nice work, and I know it'll be worth the wait. I just have some specific design goals and sometimes that slows down the process or forces you to make different decisions.

Hey..you'll be breaking out that Margarita Machine soon to celebrate the completed build...cheers! :cheers: (those are frosty Margaritas in big Pappasito's mugs...wink)

Oh, and yes...our first design review meeting. My fault...told him we didn't have to start on the pool yesterday. :roll: I'll learn..lol. Actually, it's given me time to keep figuring out what I really want, and research it. Ah..those fun design tweaks. But I know I'll have to be patient when the build starts...so practicing already!

Landmark,

I was just wondering in one of your photos you state that the comcast cable is way out of your easement, then I noticed a couple pics later gunite going over them. What if they have to service, replace or do something to that cable?? will they dig up your pool?, or are they (utility co) only allowed on the easement part of your property, if the cable is not within the easement can they still dig for it??

Dave: Thanks for the comments. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of the fill by next weekend.

We were told by the city inspectors that Comcast was responsible for being outside the easement. My neighbor just finished a pool and he had the same problem. He got the run around from Comcast and they finally just put a new cable on the ground along his back fence. They still haven't come back out to bury it. The steel crew made some u-shaped staples out of rebar and pulled the cable as far away from the pool cage as they could. So the cable isn't close to the surface. I don't think there will ever be a problem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad to see you're almost finished Mark. We should be closing on our new home in a couple of weeks. I want to get Castlerock out there to look at the property egress issues before that though. Once my pool build starts, you'll see it on this board.

-Tom

@Tonedeaf: Thanks. Hopefully your fast progress will continue.

@Vtowntom: I look forward to seeing your build.

Since getting the deck poured last week there has not been any progress. I was expecting they would be out all week getting everything finished up and ready for plaster. Yesterday I emailed the PB a punch of items that need to be done before we would make the final payment that they require before plaster. They said a crew would be out today to finish up and we were still scheduled for WetEdge tomorrow. I don't see how that can happen.

I will post progress pictures if it happens.

I returned home from work to find another day passed with no work. I called the owner and had a long talk to try and get thinks back on track. He was very responsive and promised to complete things to our satisfaction. The construction manager showed up 6:45 PM to discuss the punch list items. Everything is now scheduled to be complete by Saturday night so WetEdge can be done Monday.

Awwww...Landmark...and we've had lots of good weather until this week! :roll: Hey, I'm hoping for the weather to cooperate so you can get your plaster! When you jump in your Ultimate Spa...you'll relax and know it was worth it. :wink:

We're signing our contract with CR next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.