Pentair Temp Sensor Not working - already replaced once..

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
My temp sensor reads all over the place but mainly pegged at 255 degrees. I would expect that that means the circuit is Open or there is a short of some kind?

I replaced the sensor last year and also have a new board in the Easytouch, but had the same problem with the other board and the other sensor. Just upgraded boards from 4 to 8 circuits and everything else works fine.

Any way to test these sensors. Think they are like 10 OHMS.

I have already removed and reset the sensor on the pipe and removed the control board on the Easytouch and check the connections there and all looks ok.

It does from time to time just start working...

Also looked at the Jandy sensor and the wires look much more protected and insulated at the sensor end.

Any help would be appreciated. Blake

Re: Pentair Temp Sensor Not working - already replaced once.

Sorry, this may not be much help, but I don't think these sensors last very long. One of mine failed after about 5 months. This is just one example though. Pentair, of course, replaced it free of charge.

Re: Pentair Temp Sensor Not working - already replaced once.

These sensors used to be rock solid, then pentair changed their design, or supplier. Now they are total Crud. 99% of the time if you system is reading too high of a temperature the problem is likely the temperature sensor.

BTW Jandy had problems with theirs for years. Pentar just decided to join them I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.