minmex

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Far North TX
I have a Hayward pump with this leaking and bubbling problem:
2012-05-19%2017.16.47.jpg

The pump has this motor attached:
2012-05-19%2015.00.11.jpg

The pool is from around 2004, I've owned the house for about a year.

These are the # on the motor:
c48k2n143b3
sp-1607-z1-mbk

As the picture shows it dribbles on the pad, and the basket is pretty bubbly sometimes. I replaced a drain plug that was leaking today, but the water is still coming out the bottom somewhere...

Is this a super pump SP-1600x or something else?
I would like to buy a seal kit and fix it up, just not 100% sure of what I have.

Thanks tfp

Impeller shot?

I took the pump apart today and found a few interesting things...
1. I did not find a diffuser gasket in there :?: Not a trace of bits or pieces or anything
2. My impeller looks to be worn, with a groove worn in where the wear ring sits.

Here is the impeller:
IMG_20120520_115950.jpg

2012-05-20%2012.09.44.jpg

Should I replace it along with the seals and gaskets?

Re: Hayward pump gasket kit for leaking pump / Impeller ques

I hit the local PB and got the gasket and seals. They didn't have the impeller, so I just put it all back together and now everything is working just fine. No more dribbling on the ground, and the bubbly basket is very smooth, just a tiny bubble at the top of the lid.

Hopefully the impeller will not return to haunt me...though is is really an easy job, so if I had to do it again, I think 30 minutes would be plenty of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.