Popped pool?

Apr 9, 2008
I think my new 16 X 32 inground pool popped according to what I've been reading on this site. However, I am not sure because the only indication I have is that the fibreglass panels in the shallow end are warped and the deep end is not level. It looks as though its raised very minimally. There is no water in it as we couldn't finish it before winter here in Ohio. My question is, if it is popped only 2-4 inches can I add water to it to push it back down?

Welcome to TFP!

You need to do some further investigation before doing anything else. You need to find out if the dirt/sand/gravel/whatever you have behind the panels also shifted of if it is just the panels.

popped pool?

Thanks for the quick responses!
I haven't backfilled the sides around the pool yet so I have complete access to the panels. The only ones that seem warped are about 6-8 feet from the shallow end where there is a small crack running from one side to the other. Also, I am doing most of the work myself alng with a friend who builds pools for a living, so he suggested not filling the pool since we didn't have it sealed or painted because the cold weather came and the temperature has to be just right to use the paint. Unfortunately, I agreed and it looks like it may have been the wrong decision. I still think filling it up till it settles back down will work but I'm no expert. Any previous experience where this worked or didn't work?
Thank you all for your responses. This is a great website!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.