Aqua Plus with Total Chemistry

Feb 19, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Hello, everyone. I just tried testing my pool with the K-2006 test kit for the first time. If I did it right it shows my PH is at 7.0. I tried running the Chlorine test but I could never get the water to turn from pink (or should I say red in this case) to white. I currently have my chlorinator set to 50%. With my low PH and I'm assuming high Chlorine count, should I drop the percentage?

Ok, a couple of questions

for the FC test did you use the 25 or the 10 ml sample size? In general you want to use the 10 ML sample size so that every drop counts for .5 ppm of chlorine

For the pH I would certainly stop feeding it acid and may suggest doing something to raise the pH, depending on how fast it normally drifts up.

As to your target FC level that will depend on your CYA level, which you did not post.

Isaac-1 said:
Ok, a couple of questions

for the FC test did you use the 25 or the 10 ml sample size? In general you want to use the 10 ML sample size so that every drop counts for .5 ppm of chlorine

For the pH I would certainly stop feeding it acid and may suggest doing something to raise the pH, depending on how fast it normally drifts up.

As to your target FC level that will depend on your CYA level, which you did not post.

I used the 10ml size. I just dropped my chlorinator from 50% to 30%. I tested the CYA and it looks to be around 30ppm.

Just came back from the pool store. Alkalinity <50, PH very low. Was advised to turn off the acid feed for a few days due to the amount of acid in my pool. Could this be due to using ORP and having the Chlorinator set to 50%? Does anyone know how to disable ORP along wihh the acid feed system for awhile.

So you're using automated acid? When was the last time you calibrated the sensor? I find that you need to adjust it every couple of months, and when it's getting close to being completely worn out, it is off more than 1.0. The ORP system is not going to work reliably unless your PH is stable in the right range - at least that's what I have found on my Chemlink.

shakenbake said:
So you're using automated acid? When was the last time you calibrated the sensor? I find that you need to adjust it every couple of months, and when it's getting close to being completely worn out, it is off more than 1.0. The ORP system is not going to work reliably unless your PH is stable in the right range - at least that's what I have found on my Chemlink.

Yes, I'm using an acid feed system. I actually turned the acid feed system completely off for almost a week and now all of my tests are coming in perfect. My automation system readings are way off, so I think I need to clean the probes and recalibrate. I'm going to try that and see what happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.