Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my pool?

May 18, 2012
Algae is dead, all floated to the top, skimmer is not doing much to get the dead white foamy algae off the top, hand skimming isn't getting me too far either.. besided getting floc, how can I get this dead stuff off the top? Thanks!!!!

Re: Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my p

Hi, welcome to TFP! How high is the water level in the skimmer? If it is more than 3/4 up the skimmer you may need to drain some water to improve skimming action.

What did you use to kill the algae? Usually dead algae drops to the bottom and looks like dust on the floor of the pool. Some algaecides will foam and you may need to raise your chlorine level to oxidize the foam by-product of the algaecide.

Re: Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my p

thanks for the help guys! turns out it was pollen from the pine trees, not algae.. all the algae died and sank. did the pantyhose thing over the skimmer net and got skimmer socks for the skimmer basket and most of it is gone! thanks again for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.