New Pool Owner with a question on results

NJKen

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2012
Hi all, I was torn where to ask this (Just Getting Started or in here) so here it is.

I bought a house with a pool (first time around pool maintenance) and at the end of last season, it needed a cover and bought a Merlin Mesh so as you can imagine...It was pretty green in the beginning. Well after reading and reading here, I cleaned it up within 10 days. It would have been faster but I needed to replace all of the hole filled DE grids. Now I am at the point where I actually think I got it close, but I just want to check in here and get some opinions on what if anything I should do next.

I purchased and am learning how to test with the Taylor K-2006, and here are my results.

FC 5
CC 0
pH 7.5
Alkalinity 120
CH 130
CYA 40
Saturation Index -0.3

The pool has a row of 5 ~25 foot White Pines on one side that shade the pool in the early morning till around 9am and after that it's sunshine all day. I currently have the solar cover on to try and keep from losing the temp at night since it is still getting cool here in Central New Jersey at night.

I would appreciate any feedback you can offer on my test results.

Edit:
Just wanted to add, other than the Algaecide 60, it has been all BBB

As long as you are using a non-stabilized source of chlorine like bleach/liquid chlorine/SWG,
your numbers look great :goodjob:

The TA is a little high, but nothing to worry about.

Can we see a pic of the pool?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Butterfly said:
As long as you are using a non-stabilized source of chlorine like bleach/liquid chlorine/SWG,
your numbers look great :goodjob:

The TA is a little high, but nothing to worry about.

Can we see a pic of the pool?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thank you, here are some pictures sorry about the mess and I haven't had time to repaint that shed LoL
033.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

012.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.