new intex 22'x52'' setup

Jun 29, 2011
Hi all... I have just purchased an intex 22' ultra frame. this is a replacement/upgrade from an easyset 15'.

to start of I did not level the ground with the 15 footer. I plan to do that this time.

I am thinking or creating leveling a 24 foot square area and use 4''x6''x12' treated lumber to make the edge, 8 of them... and then leveling it with sand... lots of sand

I want/thinking about using pavers all around on the inside including on the support legs... (not the bottom of the pool)

any comments? suggestions...

I will put up some pictures of the proposed site later this morning

Thanks in advance!!!

You don't want to use too thick a layer of sand. Sand can shift and wash out. If you are filling in more than an inch or perhaps two you want to use mixed size stuff, sometimes crusher run or 1/2" minus, and then put a thinner layer of sand on top of that.

We are in the process of putting up the same pool.

Our ideais basically the same as yors with the 24' area, however we are putting down "fines or screenings" from a local lime factory instead if sand, we had the first load (16 tons) delivered yesterday, this material is 1/4" minus, and once it gets wet and is packed it is like concrete.

Then we are putting down 1/2" foam to set the pool on with 4" thick pavers for the legs to set on.

My other half is leveling our backyard now, big job, he is raising the low side with clay (90%), rock (7%), top soil (3%).

I know everyone says not to build up ground for setting a pool, but this is the same material we built our dam out of 20 years ago and it is still as solid as the day we built it, my other half has worked our 21 acres out here long enough to know what he can make work and what he can't.

The 4" x 6" frame sounds like a great idea!

JasonLion said:
You don't want to use too thick a layer of sand. Sand can shift and wash out. If you are filling in more than an inch or perhaps two you want to use mixed size stuff, sometimes crusher run or 1/2" minus, and then put a thinner layer of sand on top of that.

Jason, woulnd the 4x6 frame help out with the sand shifting and washing out? I das thinking about having the 4x6 be only about 1" above the ground and dig out the inside, then fill and pack about 2.5 inches worth of sand and use 1" thick pavers. That would get the pavers leveled with the 4x6

i also taught about leveling the 22' pool área up to the pavers (3.5" total height of sand) this way the neither the paver on the índice ir the sand undereath the pool can shift...

Anyways, those are my taughts, what do you think?

Samantha Sabrina said:
We are in the process of putting up the same pool.

Our ideais basically the same as yors with the 24' area, however we are putting down "fines or screenings" from a local lime factory instead if sand, we had the first load (16 tons) delivered yesterday, this material is 1/4" minus, and once it gets wet and is packed it is like concrete.

Then we are putting down 1/2" foam to set the pool on with 4" thick pavers for the legs to set on.

My other half is leveling our backyard now, big job, he is raising the low side with clay (90%), rock (7%), top soil (3%).

I know everyone says not to build up ground for setting a pool, but this is the same material we built our dam out of 20 years ago and it is still as solid as the day we built it, my other half has worked our 21 acres out here long enough to know what he can make work and what he can't.

The 4" x 6" frame sounds like a great idea!

Can you put up some pictures???

new intex 22'x52'' setup just bought the same thing.... had a bear of time getting level... still 1-2 inches high ...wont give all details but we used a truck load of top soil.... we ran it 4 hrs a day on a garden hose got about 12 -inches of water after 2 days, then ran 3/4 pvc from our wellhouse to fill.. have ran it about 3 hrs today and it is almost full.... now how much salt should we use to begin with before we turn on the Salt generator

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.