agp catridge filter sizing question

Jun 3, 2011
I have a 18'x33' pool and was wondering what the proper size cartridge filter would be for this pool?
it came with a hayward swimpro voyager but on the sticker it has two filter model sizes list 100 ft and 125ft
the front of the filter housing says swimpro voyager sw1000z4 on it. i googled it and so far i am striking out on finding specs on this thing.

what has me wondering is when i opened the pool this year the water was a little green from the warm weather we are having and fc was 0 so started shocking with bleach (BBB). after a couple of days into the shock process the pool went from green to cloudy, i know this is normal.
so i ran the pump 24/7 for about 5 days and the pool was still very cloudy so about 2 days ago i took the old hayward filter from my old 18' round pool (says 100 ft on sticker) and also hooked it up inline, within about 2 days of running both cartridge filters the pool started to clear up nicely.
so since the sticker on my new hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter says 100ft and 125ft on it??? got me questioning if its really too small for the 18'x33' pool we have now since the old hayward cartridge filter says 100ft on it that was on the 18' round pool?
since these cartridge filters seem to be rated by ft, what size should be on a 18'x33' x 54" pool?

The tfp recommendation for your 15000 gallon pool (used pool calculator to estimate your pool size assuming a 4 ft water depth) would be 222 sq. ft. If it is really 19000 (say due to a deep end) then the tfp recommended size would be 242 sq. ft. Both of these sizes are 2X the ansi spec for public pools which allows you to go longer between cartridge cleanings.

That is a massive pump for the filter/s you have. What filter pressure are you running at?

filter pressure is running about 15-18 psi on the gauges, ~15 clean and ~18 or so dirty
i purchased a pool package and thats what it came with from the great escape, pool store in our area unless the sticker on the filter housing is wrong but you wouldnt think so?

since you mentioned the pool gallons... i tried 3 pool calculators and am getting very different results from each lol!
anywhere from ~15000 - 18600??? but i do have a 6" deeper end on the far side of the pool, didnt want it any deeper than that until the little ones grow some :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.