HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

Me too Aimee! Except I read all 50+ pages in one night! It was like a soap opera cliff hanger!

We need more drama in here.

Leebo, I woulda been in the margarita pile. haha!

Well.............

Everyone that knows me, here and in real time, knows if it's not one thing it's another. First, last week my central heat and air unit went out. Then after 4 thou i'm up and running howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My pool pump is having issues. It is loosing suction after around two hours. The baskets are clear. No debris in anything. My gauge had rusted so i bought a new one and it's reading pressure of around 15 at the lowest just after i backwash. It goes up to almost 20 and that is when i loose almost all suction, and i have to back wash again then it works again.

Any ideas?

Good to see people post in here. I've really missed ya'll.

NikiBelle said:
Well.............

Everyone that knows me, here and in real time, knows if it's not one thing it's another. First, last week my central heat and air unit went out. Then after 4 thou i'm up and running howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My pool pump is having issues. It is loosing suction after around two hours. The baskets are clear. No debris in anything. My gauge had rusted so i bought a new one and it's reading pressure of around 15 at the lowest just after i backwash. It goes up to almost 20 and i have to back wash again then it works again.

Any ideas?

Good to see people post in here. I've really missed ya'll.
Sounds to me like it's just filtering the way it's supposed to.

oh. Well, ok. Seems like last year it would filter and for 8 hours or so before backwash time. I guess it's ok then. Just seems odd that i have to backwash every 2 hours when there is no debris. Maybe i just don't remember well enough.

NikiBelle said:
oh. Well, ok. Seems like last year it would filter and for 8 hours or so before backwash time. I guess it's ok then. Just seems odd that i have to backwash every 2 hours when there is no debris. Maybe i just don't remember well enough.

What does no suction mean specifically? Does the pump basket end up partially full of air or does the flow at the returns get weak?

When you backwash are you seeing cloudy water at first and then clear?

If you are worried about the pump you can test if the run time is important by switching to recirculate rather than filter for a couple of hours. The flow should not drop since this is not filtering and clogging. However I believe that is unnecessary but if it helps your peace of mind it's easy to do quickly and does not really cost much effort.

- Sent using Tapatalk

I don't think there's anything wrong with your pump at all. Actually I think it's working perfectly!! You have green water. That's algae. It's clogging your filter. Backwash clears it. Then it filters an clogs again. Exactly what I would expect with green water.

Pump is working perfectly!!!! It was the algae slowing it down for sure. Great water here. Less than 50 bucks this year. Wayyyyyyyyyyy different than last year at the tune of close to a grand, including new pump and 500 of bacqua yuk.

Hope ya'll are having a great summer!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.