Leaking hard pipe install

Mar 22, 2012
I finally finished my above ground pool install yesterday. And while I was waiting for the pool to fill I deceided to hard pipe the whole filter system from the skimmer to the return and the pump and filter. I bought normal PVC pipe and fittings, but already had some conduit glue for the underground conduit for the electical. I thought that glue would be ok to use. Well I got the whole thing done and once the water reached the skimmer and return every PVC fitting leaked. So last night i'm out there at midnight with a hacksaw cutting the pipe while water is pouring out. Then I had to piece toghther enough flex hose to make it work. Is this normal for this to happen because of this glue or is there something else i'm missing? I have worked with PVC cement and cleaner before, but figured this conduit cement was the same thing. Is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.