Opinion on Check Valves??

May 17, 2012
Hi, I've been fighting an old Ortega check valve for about seven years. I've replaced the spring and seat assembly several times during my ownership. However, this last replacement only lasted approximately one week. It appears the valve housing may be bad as there is a flat spot on the seat assembly after usage. I'm tired of throwing money at it, so I plan to replace the whole thing.

I've read about the Jandy serviceable check valves and also the Magna check valves. Does anyone have any experience with either and have a strong opinion one way or the other?

The Magna looks attractive because it likely won't require additional configuration changes to accommodate longer runs for the increased head pressure, but it also doesn't look like they have a very big following. I will have to make some minor changes as there is no 90 degree version of the Magna.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.