Hooking up the pump

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
I have a question on hooking up the pump. The pool company we are using doesn't do this part. Just how hard is it to hook up a 110 volt thingy? and how expensive can it be. One would think for 5k they would include this. :?

There are a bunch of local rules to meet, and most pool builders don't do the electrical work. You'll need to find an electrician with pool experience to do it.

lulupalooza said:
I have a question on hooking up the pump. The pool company we are using doesn't do this part. Just how hard is it to hook up a 110 volt thingy? and how expensive can it be. One would think for 5k they would include this. :?

If you don't know about electrical "thingys", get an electrician to hook the pump up to code.

After all, you, your kids, your friends; will be using the pool.

The electrician that wired my pad charges $45/hr. I ran the feeds from the electric panel to the pad. The electrician did everything else, supplied all the outdoor boxes, etc, and dispensed valuable advice. I have a pump and 2 lights. The total bill was $350. Not bad for peace of mind. :wink:

Don't try to do it yourself. It will likely fail inspection and cost more to correct. Just my .02.

Thanks ya'll no way would we do it ourselves! Just was looking at a ball park figure. So this is on my list of to do things for today. I called a couple of electricians last week and they never called back.

Is this a new pool build or are you simply reinstalling the motor that you so wisely stored indoors over the winter? If so and there is existing electric you could re hook it up yourself as long as ALL BREAKERS ARE OFF.

muss08 said:
Is this a new pool build or are you simply reinstalling the motor that you so wisely stored indoors over the winter? If so and there is existing electric you could re hook it up yourself as long as ALL BREAKERS ARE OFF.

This is a new build. I have gotten someone who is coming out and hooking everything to the existing outlet we have outside for 125.00

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.