leaking pool pump

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
After taking my Centruion/Magnatek 1.5/.25 HP pump apart to clean the impellor,etc. It now leaks.
From reading, I'm thinking it may be the motor shaft seal?
Does that sound even remotely close? I don't want to go buy something I don't need.
Thanks for any help.

Deena

JohnT said:
Depnds on where it is leaking. If it's under the joint between the motor and pump body, that's a pretty likely source.

Yes, that is where it seems to be leaking. Now I have someone out there trying to find this ceramic seal and apparently they don't make this type of motor any more. Am I wrong in assuming that the size of the shaft is probably pretty standard???

Bama Rambler said:
That's a standard size motor and the shaft seal will be standard too.

Thank you....because you know as soon as I tell the pump/pool place the name of my pump, etc, they say they are obsolete so there for I need a new pump. Ummm, nope, I just need this part. And amazingly as soon as I didn't bite to the new pump, they found me the part.
They also went on and on about how careful I would have to be taking this thing apart and that really I should have a professional do it. Really???? is it that complicated.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.