New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owners

Swoop

Apr 13, 2012
As the title says wife and I are now the proud owners of a new Intex 26' Ultra Frame. I also purchased the Intex SWG system as well. As of right now the pool is filled after 20 plus hours of removing and grading and leveling dirt. Then many hours of filling it only to realize the wrinkles in the bottom won't come out on their own, then many hours of letting it drain, followed by 2 hours of removing the wrinkles. Now 24 hours after getting the last wrinkle out the pool has been refilled. 400lbs of salt added to pool. Waiting 24 hours per instructions before turning on SWG unit.

My plan as it stands now is to give the SWG some help by adding some bleach to jump up the FC level. Also I plan to add a sock filled with Cyanuric Acid tomorrow to start increasing the CYA levels from 0. I have ordered the TF-100 test kit, hopefully that arrives Friday. I'll post my numbers as soon as I have them.

Couple of questions.

1. Should I use the bleach to push my FC to shock level, if so what would be a good level, 20?

2. I can already see that the included pump and filter are woefully inadequate and I am already contemplating a pump and filter upgrade. My question is the unit I am looking at has a 4,500 gph flow rate, however the Intex SWG says it needs a flow rate up to 4,000 gph. Will having a pump rated at 4,500gph cause a problem with the Intex SWG?

3. I also plan to add an in wall skimmer though cutting the liner scares me a bit. I found the thread where someone did it and it worked out for them. I'm gonna follow his process step by step.

I think that is all I have for now.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Still lots to do, remove and grade and clean up the excess dirt, lay some sod, build a deck, etc. Speaking of decks, should I build the deck below the top of the pool, level with it or slightly above it?

P.S. I already disconnected the copper generator from the SWG unit :-D

Hi congrats on the new pool! Since intex pools have some wobble to them, I would build the deck a couple of inches below the top rail. This will add a little more stability to the frame and minimize the chance of getting fingers pinched in between the top rail and the deck.

A 3/4 hp 2 speed pump should work just fine with your SWG. You could add a sand or cartridge filter for easy maintenance.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Re: New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owner (Updated with pics)

Well as promised here are some pics.

DPP_4857.jpg

DPP_4852.jpg

DPP_4851.jpg

DPP_4855.jpg

After I filled the pool I added enough bleach to get the FC to 5ppm. Then after 24 hours I turned the SWG on. So far so good.

DPP_4853.jpg

Thank goodness I have one of these in my garage. Came in handy for digging down the high side of the dirt.

Finally got my TFT test kit in. Here are my test numbers from tonight

FC 2.00
CC 0
PH 7.2 ( Was 7.8 yesterday and since the pool was filled last week, see my TA reading for what I am doing to correct PH and TA)
TA 330 (Was 400 yesterday. Per Pool Calc I added enough muratic acid to bring the PH from 7.8 yesterday to 7.2 today. Waiting for the PH to rise back up then rinse and repeat to get that high TA down)
CH 240
CYA < 10 (I only added the CYA using the sock method last Friday. Waiting a week to retest then will add more. I added based on the Intex SWG manual which might be on the low end of what I see people recommend on this site.)
Salt 3800ppm (This is a little high because I initially calculated the pool volume wrong and put in an extra 40lbs of salt. At first I was gonna drain some water and replace. However I have decided for now to leave it and see how good a job kids and rain do at removing some salt.)

Started on a deck this weekend. I'll have some pics of that in the next few days. Still have a few more days work on the deck, not to mention I have to get an inspection before I can lay the deck boards. Ugh, stupid government overreach.

Still looking to upgrade the Intex pump and filter. Probably sometime next month.

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Would love to see more pics, maybe a wider angle. Im trying to decide
between the 22 and the 26. Was this something that you debated?
The 26 brings with it the added cost of a better pump, of course I wonder
if the extra 4ft are really worth it. Who am I kidding Ill take 2!!

Aw friggin awesome! :lol:

We're working on getting our ground level and hope to have our 26' Intex up this weekend or next one at the latest!

I am so glad you posted pictures! I too would like to see some from further away, so as to get a better perspective.

You've done an awesome job, be proud, be very proud! :goodjob:

That is a whole bunch of pool, lol.

We are leveling our backyard for the 22 footer and I must say even that is gonna be alot of pool, much bigger area than the 16' quick set we had before.

Your's is looking Awesome, can't wait to see the deck and landscaping finished, good luck.

bthorn9435 said:
Would love to see more pics, maybe a wider angle. Im trying to decide
between the 22 and the 26. Was this something that you debated?
The 26 brings with it the added cost of a better pump, of course I wonder
if the extra 4ft are really worth it. Who am I kidding Ill take 2!!

I wanted the biggest one they had at WalMart, the 26 was it. If they had a 30 I would have gotten it, thats how I made my decision. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am assembling all the components necessary for setting up my 26' intex (YaY!) :whoot: and I am trying to figure out how many pavers I'll need for under the legs. Would you please advise how many legs this pool has? I've tried counting in the pictures from the websites selling this pool but, they tend to use just stock pictures and there's no way of telling for sure which size they are showing.

Taterfink said:
I am assembling all the components necessary for setting up my 26' intex (YaY!) :whoot: and I am trying to figure out how many pavers I'll need for under the legs. Would you please advise how many legs this pool has? I've tried counting in the pictures from the websites selling this pool but, they tend to use just stock pictures and there's no way of telling for sure which size they are showing.

Yep 26 legs.

Thank you for the pictures! I'm living vicariously thru those that have their pools set up while working on my own. The pictures help.

Your pool is wonderful and I envy you your deck. As for the "messy work site"? What mess? Just looks to me like you're working and using the tools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.