Energy efficient upgrade pump to replace Hayward Super Pump

Bent6

May 12, 2012
Jackson, TN
My 5 year old single speed 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump is on it's way out. The pump choices out there make my head spin. I have been looking at variable speed pumps. The Ecostar is one I keep going back to since all of my pool equipment is Hayward (like that matters) but there seem to be a few issues with bubbles/cavitation at lower speeds. I know the Pentairs have good reputations as well. Any opinions?

I currently run this energy hog Super Pump 24/7 but we have reasonable electric rates around here at .15/kwh. Pool has 1.5" plumbing. Looking for some recommendations before this thing kicks the bucket. Thanks!

Re: Energy efficient upgrade pump to replace Hayward Super P

Could just replace the motor with a 2 speed and not change any plumbing.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Re: Energy efficient upgrade pump to replace Hayward Super P

Repair might be an option depending on what's wrong with it. If it's the motor a 2-speed replacement might be a good option as Jason said. If it's the pump, given your electric rates I'd look at 2-speed models.

I'd recommend a 1 hp full rated 2-speed model. If you like Hayward there's nothing wrong with going back with a Hayward pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.