Good Material Choices? Advice Needed

stever

LifeTime Supporter
Hi,

My pool construction is waiting on me now. I am at the stage where my wife and I must choose the coping, tile and -- in this case -- raised bond beam finishes.

We have chosen a bull-nosed tumbled stone coping called Durango Stone ('Dorado' color), a water-line tile, and a stacked-stone for the raised bond-beam.

My questions are:

- Does anybody have any experience with the Durango-Stone coping? Will it hold up? Does it scratch, flake, stain, etc? It has some pits due to the tumbling (actually for the tumbled product they just don't fill the pits). We likes the honed untumbled, but it would have been slippery like ice when wet -- bad with kids. The larger pits will be filled with mortar when installed to keep the water out. (We are not in a freeze-thaw area -- most of the time).

- For the raised bond beam, we love the look of the stacked stone, but am concerned with deposits forming on it. The calcium in the water here is naturally 120 and it's about to go up a bunch (water from another source). How hard is this to maintain? I am most concerned with the spill-over, but also the rest. I noticed a pool with similar stone on the TFP slide-show (see below). If this is your pool -- please let me know, I'd love to talk with you about how it works for you (and congratulate you for such a beautiful pool!).

Thank you for the advice!

Steve

Coping selected:
CopingCloseup.jpg

Raised wall:
IMG_3847.jpg

We love the look of this pool:
likeit.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.