Test kit question

DanaSC

May 16, 2012
Lexington, SC
I've got a Jacks Magic professional test kit that uses tablets. I've seen where you recommend a test kid that uses the drops. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which is easier to use? I don't really like the tablet one, to be honest...I just feel like the readings are hard to read sometimes. I'm considering just going ahead and investing in the one you guys recommend if it's easier because I tend to take my water to Leslie's because I don't like using my test kit (not good). I really want to get away from that pool store! Thanks for the help and thanks for an awesome site.

:wave: Welcome :wave:

Get one of the recommended kits here (see my sig for a comparison) ... you are counting drops until a color changes so there is no interpretation to get the results ... with the exception of the pH test which is still a color matching exercise.

Many people prefer the TF-100 as it provides a better value for the $$ ... more regents of the ones you actually need. Also the Speed Stir is nice and makes the testing even easier.

The drop test kits tend to be more accurate and easier to interpret. I promise that if you invest in a test kit and take control of your own water chemistry, you won't regret it! The FAS-DPD test for chlorine can measure much higher levels of FC..which is important when shocking your pool. Another bonus (of staying away from the pool store) is more money in your pocket. You won't have to deal with someone trying to sell you the 'required' solution for your test results.

PS welcome to TFP!

Sounds good. I wondered if the drop kits were easier...I'm glad to hear they are. I can't stand that other test kit! I'm ordering one. Got re-motivated to get on your system after going to Leslie's and being told to buy stuff to get rid of my 1000 ppb phosphates. Not buying anything from them. Getting the test kit and going through pool school. We are only seeing a little algae and I'm pretty sure it's just because we haven't been keeping our chlorine levels where it should be for our CYA. We've been a little lazy but we're ready to get on it. Thanks for everything!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.