WATER IS GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!!! Local pool store no help!

Re: WATER IS GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!!! Local pool store no help

Pool calculater is your friend.....
14 oz of trichlor adds 4FC and raises Cya by 2.3ppm.

Re: WATER IS GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!!! Local pool store no help

On the 3rd day of shocking again because of the cloudy water. Our pool was new last year and I don't recall having to brush it at all. Last year when vacuuming there was dirt on the bottom of the pool that came up easily and I vacuumed through the filter.

This year it seems I am still having trouble keeping my water clear. The water was looking great and probably when I loaned my test kit out for awhile the levels dropped too low. The water was pretty clear a few days ago but there was a film of what I thought was dirt on the floor so I vacuumed through the filter. I am guessing that was probably a mistake. I figured once I had that vacuumed up and backwashed the filter my pool would sparkle again. When I went to backwash no dirty water came out at all. I am assuming I just circulated everything back into the pool.

I have been reading up on the CYA test to get tips on doing it correctly. I stood outside this morning with my back to the sun and I got a CYA of 50. I haven't done anything to raise my CYA besides having a few 3 inch tabs floating in the pool while we were gone, only for 2 days and I took it out as soon as I got back. I am shooting for a shock FC of 20. I put the chlorine in last night. Tested FC this morning and FC is 22.5.

The water is still cloudy so I know to keep shocking but I guess my question is: I have been brushing the pool every day while shocking. As long as I get a "cloud of green/brown" when I run the brush, can I assume there is algae in the pool? Will the filter eventually get rid of it if I keep brushing? The last 2 days by evening my FC has dropped between 10-11ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.