You know what rules?

gboulton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
Nashville, TN
Walking out to your pool, test kit in hand, expecting certain very manageable changes to certain values for very predictable and knowable reasons...

And finding the values to be precisely what you expected.

You guys kick a metric boatload of behind. :goodjob:

When I did aquariums, we used to talk about a "mature" aquarium...loosely defined by the same basic idea.

You weren't chasing test results, you weren't dosing this way and that to reach values, and so on. A mature aquarium was one with very predictable results, over a period of time, explainable by a known and predictable set of circumstances.

Admittedly...when you're dealing with 20 or 55 or even 150 gallons of water that can be thrown out of whack by a few drops of something here and there, with a constant 24/7 bio load, in which you WANT to maintain a good colony of certain bacteria...it takes a bit longer than it does with our pools. :lol: Usually 3-6 months or so.

But the concept is the same...predictable results from known causes.

This whole week, right at a month into our pool, and I've been just pleased as heck that we seem to have already reached that point. I walk out each morning, expecting certain things based on conditions the past 24 hours...and find the results to be exactly what I'm expecting.

I just couldn't help but share the joy a bit. :cheers:

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.