New fiberglass pool, quanity chem to balance?

Gunnert

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 1, 2012
19,800 gallon. Will have pump running tomorrow. Pool has ET w/ IC40. I have 500 lbs salt on-hand. How much bleach and CYA should I have on-hand to start process of balancing pool?

I would purchase enough CYA to get to 40-50ppm. Enough bleach to get to 4-6ppm just to start. Additionally, I would add one large jug of bleach into the pool tonight after the sun is off the pool just to kill off anything that might start to grow before you get into balance

Dave and I are on the same page, I just took the swcg into account. The first thing to do is test the pool water and post the results.

Use the pool calculator to figure out how much CYA and bleach you need to get to 70 ppm CYA and 3 ppm FC. Add that and the salt the first day. Add enough bleach the second day to get to 3 ppm FC in the evening. You can turn on the swcg the third day if everything else is within reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.