May 16, 2012
Hello, I have a 18ft above ground pool, and its 52 inches deep. Its three years old now, and I have only used Baquicil. Because of finiancial reasons, I have decided to convert to chlorine. I have some experience with chlorine, its just been awhile. My pool has been covered since the end of October 2011. I just opened it back up a week ago. It has had no chemicals in it for 6 months. I knew i was going to convert to chlorine, so i just let it go so all chemicals would be gone. I took a water sample to my pool store, and they gave me directions, and all the products i needed. I have followed them, but im not able to get the water to clear up yet. I have used shock, muratic acid, chlorine tabs, algaecide, all the usual products, but my water is green and very cloudy. i cant even see the bottom. FYI, I also am on well water, and i have alot of iron in it. I do use the iron and copper products too. After reading all the other posts, I would like to know if I need to use liquid chlorine too? I havent been using the liquid. I have been using the shock powder in bags. Is there a difference between the liquid and powder?

The short answer is yes, there is a big difference between liquid sodium hypochlorite (bleach) and the powders and tabs. Powders and tabs all add other things that you may or may not need (cyanuric acid, calcium, copper, etc.) As to your question about using liquid chlorine TOO, I would say use liquid chlorine INSTEAD. I'd encourage you to read Pool School pool-school/, order a good test kit pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison and before you know it you'll have sparkling clear water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.