pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 250
CYA - 48
Salt - 3500
Water Temp - 84
Air Temp - 100+
See equipment specs in signature block

I have to add 8 to 16 oz of muriatic acid every day to maintain the pH at about 7.5. It tends to go to 7.7 very quickly. The pool is 11 months old and has a PebbleTec surface and a spa spillway into the pool. I get minor scaling on the tile but brush it 2-3 times a week.

Is this normal to have to add this amount of acid this frequently?

Is this normal to have to add this amount of acid this frequently?
That's quite a bit for the age of your pool but the issue is you really have no choice. That you are seeing some scaling indicates the pH has been above 7.5 before so I would suggest you take it down to 7.2 and see how long it takes to get to 7.8. The waterfall is making a contribution to the pH rise as well.

It may be helpful to lower your TA down to around 60. You must do it according to the article in Pool School.

Regardless of how much acid it takes, I would never let your pool go above 7.8 because of the history of scaling you have experienced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.