Need some cover advice

May 11, 2012
Danville, IN
I'm new to the forum and just want to say thanks already for all the advice I've received. I searched on this topic, but didn't really find what I was looking for. It's time for a new cover and I'm tired of messing with the standard winter cover, water bags, leaf net, etc... I'm located in Central Indiana, where we get about 26" annual snowfall, plus lots of rain and ice. I typically open in the Mar-Apr timeframe and close in Sep-Oct.

So, what type of safety cover is best for my situation - micro-mesh or solid? The micro-mesh I'm looking at claims it blocks 98% of the light. The other option is a solid with mesh panels or cover pump. I'd like to open my pool somewhat clean, but minimize the effort over the winter and installing/removing the cover.

I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

That's what I keep coming to in my mind. I'm leaning towards the micro-mesh at the moment. The solid cover with micro-mesh panels will still let some light in. If you let any light in, it can cause algae so what's the difference?

I have another question - 3x3 or 5x5 grid size? Everyone is quoting 5x5 for my size pool even though it requires a custom fit. I'm thinking 3x3 is better because it keeps the cover tighter to the deck and more taut. We have some good winds here and I'm concerned of the cover being whipped up/down and junk blowing in underneath. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.