which intex SWCG would fit my situation?

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
My apologies. I posted this question in this ("SWG selection? Intellichlor IC15 vs Intex") thread a little while ago.
Then I had the notion that maybe I should have started a new topic instead. :oops: Thank you for your patience.

Hi, I have searched and found this thread referring to the Intex Saltwater Generators.

I am going to get the intex ultra frame 26' x 52"
I have a G.A.M.E. SandPRO 75 pump (3/4 hp) / sand filter (76lbs of sand)

and I have found this SWG:
http://www.amazon.com/Saltwater-System-Chlorinator-Above-Ground/dp/B000OCZRHU/ref=lh_ni_t

Would someone please advise, is this the SWCG that I need. Due to funds used for all initial start up and pool purchase and tree removal, I will need to start with one of the Intex SWCG's and I am finding that there are several and they look a LOT alike. Some say to use ONLY with an Intex pump/ filter or the flow rate appears awfully low.

This one seems to be what I am looking for. They don't mention copper plates so I would assume this is an older model (the beloved 8110?). Also from what I've read on this forum, this model has a higher chlorine generation rate. Which I believe, also from what I have read, is favorable.

I will be placing my order as soon as I hear from y'all. If you advise "yes" that is.

Thank you,

Re: Intex Saltwater Generators

The Intex SWG isn't really suitable for a pool as large as yours. You could get by with it by manually adding chlorine on the hottest or most swimming days. I've seen one or two people hook up two of them in parallel, but that is a bit of a DIY project.

well poopy. That's not what I wanted to hear. :(

Thank you for the info tho. Sure saved me in both money and frustration once I figured out it wasn't working (had I bought it).

If I had the funds for 2 of them I'd just get one of the better/bigger set ups.

Well, ok, I'll just need to use the regular old add chlorine approach until I can save for the SWG. No sense in investing in one of the intex's if it isn't going to work.

Do you have any advise on which ones to research/plan for? I am somewhat (a lot actually :shock: ) out of my element and am appreciative of any and all input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.