phoshates

Welcome to TFP!

Depending somewhat on your pool size, it is fairly easy to have a phosphate level high enough to require far more than 6 liters of phosfree.

There really isn't any point in worrying about the phosphate level. My phosphate level has been in the thousands for years without any problems at all. As long as you maintain appropriate FC levels it doesn't make any difference if there are phosphates in the water or not.

jep,

As Jason said above, you will find thousands of people on this forum that never test for phosphates and never worry about them. Phosphate levels are not important to a well managed pool.

Are you using a sequestrant with phosphonic acid in it? I researched if this would lead to phosphates in the water and I 'think' the answer is yes, but I don't really understand chemistry. Maybe chemgeek or someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in.

Don't sweat it. Focusing on phosphates to control algae is like getting rid of all your possessions to eliminate burglary. Just maintain the FC and you'll not only have no algae, you're water will be sanitary too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.