TF100 the best test kit?? what accessories?

ok, i have my first question. My pool was just built and i haven't had my orientation/teaching lesson yet. Does the hayward aquarite w/turbocell salt system test the salt/chlorine level automatically, or do i still need the test kits and salt test kit? I want to start buying things little by little so when they do orientation i don't have to spend a ton of $ all at once.. thank you

Yes, you need a test kit no matter what system you have. The turbo cell readout will be "close enough" for salt but if there are any issues down the road, you might want a salt test kit to verify the turbo cell is working correctly.

The SWG will only tell you what it thinks the salinity level is and that is usually good enough for the most part. When the salt level is off for some reason you need to have a test kit to verify the salt level as the SWG might be the problem and reporting a low level of salt when it is actually at the right level.

The SWG does not tell you the chlorine level and a test is required every time it is checked.

Get the Taylor k-1766 salt water test kit. I find it easy and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jumping on this thread - we misplaced our stir bar for the taylor speedstir we have - what size stir bar should we get - is it 25mm does anyone know? Would it matter if it was slightly less - would it still work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The SpeedStir is definitely worth it. My 8-year old granddaughter and her friend were "helping" me test chlorine level the other day. With the built-in LED light they could easily see when the color changed from pink to clear. Maybe I can get them to do the testing soon ;) Sure beats swirling by hand anyway.

Aside from the speed stir (highly recommend) I love my Taylor sample sizer for quickly measuring out my tests without the need to actually look to see the measurement lines on the cylinders. For the convenience, it’s worth it to me

Yes, as I now have two of both after forgetting where I hid my FC Kit, (Speedstir, Samplesizer, FC chems) after a kitchen remodel.

I get the XL option too each year cause I'll forget to bring it in one day and find it the next day. SQUIRREL!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.